Dear Dresden Parents,
Welcome back! On behalf of the staff at Dresden Elementary, I am happy to welcome you to the 2017-18 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you. Together, we will work to assist our students, as they strive to achieve their maximum potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, children need support from both the home as well as the school. With that in mind, we ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
ü Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
ü Completes all homework assignments by teachers
ü Reads daily to develop a life-long love for reading and improve literacy skills
ü Inform you if he/she needs additional support in any subject area
ü Know that you expect him/her to succeed in school and behaves in a respectful manner
Please consider joining our school PTO and volunteer program, as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s programs and its operations. We have a variety of clubs that your child can become a part of and develop leadership from. Information will be sent home regarding these opportunities at a later date. We are excited to work with you and your student and look forward to a successful school year.
· The instructional day begins at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 2:15 p.m.
· Students may not enter the building before 7:00 a.m. Upon entering the building, students should report directly to the cafeteria.
· Students are considered late after 7:30 am. Late students MUST be sign in by a parent.
· Early check-out ends at 1:45 p.m. This allows the front office to dismiss students in an orderly manner.
· Our first PTO meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 17 at 4:30 p.m. We are looking forward to expanding our PTO membership this year and hope to see you there
· Parents are not allowed to park in the car riders’ lane in the morning. If you would like to walk your child to the cafeteria, please park in a parking space. All car riders have been assigned a number; please keep your assigned number on the dashboard of your vehicle.
· For safety purposes, all parents must show a valid picture I.D. when checking out a student.
· Students are required to wear uniforms daily. If your child comes to school out of uniform, you will be contacted immediately.
As principal of Dresden Elementary, I am proud to be a part of this learning community. Thank you for your support. The administrative team and I look forward to meeting each and every one of you!
Mr. Jesse Berger, Principal
Mrs. Celia McCoy, Assistant Principal
Dr. Sheila Johnson-Reese, Assistant Principal